Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Even so...

...GOD is in control!


For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.
Colossians 1:16-17 (Today's New International Version)

9 comments:

Unknown said...

He is. And ALL things work together for the good of those who love Him and are called according to His purpose. ALL things. Amen.

Steph said...

Agreed!

Even before I knew who won, even before I voted, I had such a peace that whoever came into office, God would use them for His purpose.

I believe this is a wake up call for Christians to be on our knees praying for our leaders--like we should have been all along...right?

Love you,
YBF&F

Jules from "The Roost" said...

I have had to remind my sinking sou of that all day! Thanks, Dawn

Nadine said...

Amen! Great scripture.

j said...

Amen Dawn. There are things in this world that I do NOT understand. But all I really need to know is that God is in control.

Be blessed.

Anonymous said...

I am visiting from Jen's Blog - Dust Bunny Hostage!

Hey listen, if you would like to be bloggy buds, please let me know via email . . . do to some personal family issues, my blog is private. So... if you would like to join in our little group of invitees only, send me an email to:

jujusbrood@yahoo.com and let me know. It is as simple as connecting by email and using your google log in and then you are in!

Berry Girl said...

"For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God" (Rom. 13:1)

God puts leaders in place - good and bad - to serve His purpose and His glory.

Tammy said...

Dawn, I just passed an award to you! :)

Nadine said...

Amen.

BTW - I found your comment totally interesting on my blog. I loved the story and you're right I prefer the story told to you.