Friday, June 15, 2012

Fourth update!

Same format as the previous messages... Enjoy!

Dear Family and Friends...

It's Friday and we have just about finished our paint job! We have painted inside and out of the church and school. The colors are amazing - blue outside and olive green inside....just imagine it and you'll see the photos later.

The team has done so well. Yes, they are hot, tired, sunburned, but their hearts are bursting with joy! They enjoy the painting, but their favorite time is in the afternoon when we play for hours with the kids. Today we "acted" out Bible stories, gave the plan of salvation with the Roman Road, had water games, football (soccer), manicures for the girls and tons more!
 
Here....let the kids give you their thoughts and perspective of the day...
 
Kat: Today was another great day in Haiti! I love the culture and the atmosphere. We pretty much finished painting today and I have blisters and a farmers tan to prove my hard work! While I was painting ,my friend Balenda came and visited me as well as other kids and they sang for me while I worked! After painting we played a water game called drip drip drop instead of duck duck goose. After the games we did nails for some of the girls there at the church as well as back at the compound. I have built such great relationships with both the team and kids and I thank you for letting me come and I wouldn't mind staying here long term! Love you all!
 
J-Flan: Well I can really get used to this awesome Haitian lifestyle. I can paint laying on the ground, Libbie has a picture. I can really see myself spending my life doing this. There really is nothing I love doing more. I might get the chance to speak tommorow so pray that that goes well and we are getting up at 5 in the morning to go hiking. Be safe, love you guys.
 
Heather: Hello! Another good day in Haiti. Gods doing great stuff here and I feel like I may be being called here. I love yall. Have a great weekend!!!! Mom, since youre going to be the one reading this, give Daddy, Hunt and yourself a big hug from me!! Also, on my bed is Dad's Daddy Day card, if you could give it to him on Sunday or whenever Father's day is that would be AWESOME!! Thankssss!! Love you.
 
Clayton: Hey mom and dad! I had a great day playing with kids and painting the church. I hope yall are all doing well and I can't wait to see yall. I love yall and tell Blake hey for me...assuming he didn't crash.
 
Joel: Today wasn't as tiring as the previous two, mostly because we were painting in the shade pretty much the whole time. When we got back, we played some basketball and I grabbed the guitar and we sang a few songs. We've spent a lot of time playing various card games or domino games. Anyways, I hope you're doing well. I love you!
 
Tiffany: Hi mom and dad. It was good to see you today. I'm doing well and having lots of fun! I am a great actress in our Bible stories - today the Haitian kids laughed at me because I was a girl playing the part of Jonah and David. See you Sunday at Jacquelin's birthday party!
 
Sean: Today was great. We worked more on painting and I took pics of the kids. I had a real coconut today. It was odd. It was like eating an egg but it was not an egg. I did not like it but I tried. I love you guys.
 
Ben: Hi mom and dad, I'm doing fine. My french is coming in handy, helping kids understand games, and reading the Roman Road to the kids. I will have to come back to Haiti sometime, probably in the winter.
 
Libbie and Rob: Once again the team exceeded our expectations of them in how they serve these people and interact with them. They shared the gospel with a whole group of Primary school kids and did a great job. So much to say and so little time - every day brings something more amazing than the day before.
 
Tomorrow most of the group will be getting up at 5:00am to climb a very tall mountain to a fort. Rob and I (age and poor knees) will stay behind with Dr. Dan and have pancakes ready for them when they return.
 
Until tomorrow...thanks for your prayers, and parents - your kids are awesome! Thanks for trusting us enough to bring them to this country. Their hearts are changing and so are their lives. Be ready!
 
Blessings, Libbie, Rob, Bethany, Emmanuel and the Team

No comments: