Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Pineapple Ranch Dip

With the Texas heat (76 days over 100 degrees, y'all!!!), it's hard to get motivated to cook - any recipe that involves heat automatically sounds repulsive. So, I've been trying to be creative about using recipes that involve little to no cooking. (Take out, anyone??)  Salsas and dips become the logical choice for sides.

I don't remember where I found this dip recipe, but it's a favorite.  It seems "summerish" since it has pineapple, but I make it year 'round!

Pineapple Ranch Dip

Ingredients: 
  • 16 ounces cream cheese
  • 2 green onions chopped up (may be eliminated if you don't like onions)
  • 14 ounces of crushed pineapple undrained (100% juice, not in heavy syrup!)
  • 1 package Hidden Valley Ranch Dip
  • 2 cups of chopped pecans, reserve 1/4 cup for topping
Directions:
Mix all ingredients together and top with remaining 1/4 cup pecans.  Refrigerate for at least a few hours or overnight. Serve with hearty crackers or pita chips.

For more dip ideas, join BooMama for her DipTacular '11 post today!

1 comment:

AndreaLeigh said...

wow! that's a different dip. I love pineapples, though, so I am definitely going to try it sometime!