Monday, January 19, 2009

Hello!

I'm still here and I've got good excuses for being MIA. You know, like two tons of Christmas decorations that are still sitting in a pile waiting to be packed into the attic.

I promise to resume my regular blogging very soon. Probably tomorrow.

And if I don't, you can just jerk a knot in my tail.

Yep, that would be a Granny-ism. What does it really mean and where did that saying come from? Who knows. But it's fun to say and it makes my kiddos look at me funny when I say it. Try it - you'll love the puzzled expressions the saying invokes!

2 comments:

Steph said...

Oh my gosh! Sam says that all the time to the kids. And boy, does that get him *a look*!

I just always took it to mean--straighten up or else!

Don't know what "or else" would be.

By the way, the pile I told you I was putting away the other day? Still a pile. Guess someone's going to jerk a knot in my tail, too!

Everyone, and you too, Dawn, go to www.fortheloveofsam.blogspot.com tomorrow (1/20) for a special announcement about Dawn...

Dawn said...

Having recently been reminded about some old pictures of ME in YOUR little hands... I'm a little worried. Maybe a lot worried.

Yes, worried.