I've got all things beachy on my brain since we're getting ready to visit the beach very soon. So, naturally my BIG idea for "Works for Me Wednesday" would involve the beach.
What do you sit on when you visit the beach? (Relax... this isn't a trick question.)
Lugging those beach chairs down the stairs and across the sand can be a real pain. Literally. Using your beach towels and blankets directly on the sand doesn't work so well either. They absorb more sand than they do water!
The solution? A water-resistant, fabric (polyester/nylon) shower curtain!
The benefits are numerous:
- They are cheap. You can find them at any discount store for just a few dollars. (I bought mine at Big Lots for $4 about 15 years ago and it's still working!)
- The colors and designs are almost limitless.
- They are bigger than any beach towel and provide room for several kiddos.
- They fold up small and can be crammed into even the tiniest spot in your beach bag.
- Dry sand will not stick to them.
- Wet sand will not stick to them. (And the moisture will not seep through them.)
- They are washable and will dry in about five minutes in the dryer. (Great for multiple trips to the beach in a single day!)
They are great for picnics, too, and they also work well to cover carpet when you've got kiddos eating on the floor. The water-resistant feature will give you enough time to clean up spills before soaking into the carpet underneath it.
Works for me!
For more great ideas that work, visit Works for Me Wednesday at Rocks In My Dryer!


9 comments:
That's a great idea! I don't know why I didn't think of that before...lol
uhnmmm I could have used this earlier, nice idea!
Good plan. Maybe we can upgrade our current shower curtain with a new one and reuse the old one at the beach. No one will notice some of the grommits are missing.
What a great idea! Isn't it funny that, even tho we talk often, we sometimes don't share our BEST ideas with our BEST friends? I'll bet there are a few things I've kept from you as well...
Maybe you just gave me another blog idea...hmmm...
Love you,
YBFA&F
Hmmmmmm I never thought of this!!! I will have to do this in a couple of weeks when we go to the beach. :)
Now why didn't I think of that! We love the beach. :D
Come check out my finger-licking good, messy, sticky. but SUPER easy BBQ ribs: http://anapronaday.blogspot.com/2008/07/easy-bbq-ribs-recipe.html
Do you get sweaty sitting on the curtain though? Or do you put towels over it?
Audra, I think you’re confusing the water-resistant fabric shower curtain that I’m talking about with a vinyl curtain. Vinyl would be very yucky to sit on at a hot beach! This type of fabric is like the kind used to make heavy windbreaker-type jackets. Hope this helps!!!
what a great idea! and i'm glad you clarified the vinyl vs. water-resistant. i was thinking the same thing. :)
Post a Comment